Quick video of my tank

mvallee

Non-member
I am feeling happy with the progress of my tank and wanted to share a 1 minute video.
I am really digging my assortment of fish, lots of different wrasses which are my favorite. The China Wrasse is the star of the show for me but that Male/Female Melanaurus is a close second.
Love how the red tail trigger is getting along with everyone, super curious and I really like how in the video he was trying to give my yellow tang the tail slap like it usually does.
Lots of interest and movement fish wise. I would like more Blennies but I think with the melanaurus wrasse and trigger introducing new small fish will be risky.
Next I need to focus on corals. Hoping to find some hardy LPS that the File Fish have no interest in.

Looks like an interesting tank to watch - I love the fish with personality like that.

Very nice tank. Yeah, the wrasse pair is awesome.
Is that a Ruby Red Dragonet on the sand? I love it.
Yes, He was part of a bonded pair until his partner though the inside of my powerhead was a good place to rest while it was in feed mode. They were so cool, inseparable and would do some kind of wierd swirling dance right before lights went out. Some day I will try to find another and hope they pair up.
what do you feed the black back wrasse?
Nothing special for a diet luckily. He eats everything I put in the tank, frozen, small pellets, flakes, littleneck clams and even nibbles at the nori sheets.

Yes, He was part of a bonded pair until his partner though the inside of my powerhead was a good place to rest while it was in feed mode. They were so cool, inseparable and would do some kind of wierd swirling dance right before lights went out. Some day I will try to find another and hope they pair up.

Oh man, this is why I don't do feed mode. Ocean don't suddenly stop when the fish are feeding.
No need for it.

Nice tank... Makes me want a bigger tank even more mainly so I could add a ton more fish...

Back