Radiant Wrasse compatibility

BEReefer

Non-member
Our 46 gallon tank has a radiant wrasse and he doesn't seem to like other wrasse's. We were wondering if there is anyway to get the wrasse to accept other wrasse's. We tried putting a yellow candy hogfish a few weeks ago and the radiant wrasse bullied it until it died. We later put in a black leapord wrasse and the radiant didn't care about him. We tryed putting a wrasse in a plastic container in the tank so the two fish can see each other but the radiant can't get to the other wrasse, and that didn't work either. I would really like to have more wrasse's but don't want to get rid of radiant because it's so beautiful. Moving rocks around would not be easy and I would rather not.

So do u still have the leopard and the radiant???? I'm in the same boat as I LOVE wrasses and I too have a radiant in a 37 gall. But my tank is too small for more than one wrasse and yours is too

Did you try a few small mirrors taped to the glass. I have heard this can help

That sounds like a excellent idea, I'll have to try that.

So do u still have the leopard and the radiant???? I'm in the same boat as I LOVE wrasses and I too have a radiant in a 37 gall. But my tank is too small for more than one wrasse and yours is too

Yes, we still have the leopard. But it if the tank is to small why does the radiant get along with the leopard?

well i think you got lucky with the black leopard, and now with 2 wrasses your at your max wrasse population and i wouldnt try any more esp with the leopard which are hard enough to keep happy

Yep, it is purely tanks space way too small...In order to keep lots of Wrasse together you need lots of space. we have a bunch but in a 144 gal tank, and even then I catch them fighting once in a while. And they did not let a yellow Coris Wrasse into the mix....
Current stocklist of Wrasse;

1 x Five Bar Mystery Wrasse (Vanuatu)
2 x Flame Fairy Wrasse (Hawaii)
1 x Chaoti Leopard Wrasse (Australia)
1 x Melagris Leopard Wrasse (Fiji)
1 x Yellowbanded Possum Wrasse (Bali)
2 x Radiant Wrasse (Africa)
1 x Red Headed Coris Wrasse (Halichoeres rubricephalus) (Bali)

I have a 120 gal tank with a six line wrasse as one of the residents. tried introducing a yellow coris, solar fairy and a flasher all at different times with no luck. the six line harassed them all until they died from stress. so I would say you need a really large tank for successful cohabitation but just my opinion from my own experience.

Back