Radion Diffusers. First Impressions

reefkeeper2

BRS Member
I got my echotech diffusers for my radions yesterday. They were easy to install. I didn't think I was going to see much difference when I turned them on but there was a very noticeable one, at least to my eyes. The colors looked pretty much the same ( I have lousy color vision) but the lighting as a whole looked more like T5. Softer. more diffuse with a different kind of shimmer. Looks good. I will post updates as time passes and the coral responds.

I’ve read the par output gets cut quite a bit from using them , but if it spreads it out better it’s a good trade off

I'm not going to turn the power up. If I need to I'll just lower them an inch or two. I'm going to wait and see how the coral respond.

A pleasant surprise bonus. The fan noise is quieter with the diffusers. I was afraid they were going to increase the temp of the fixtures causing the fans to run faster and louder. For reasons I can't explain, the fans are noticeably quieter. Must have something to do with aerodynamics.

I have had mine on for 2 weeks maybe and they make my dt look just like my Frag tank that has an 8 lamp tek light with 6 blue+ and 2 coral+. I have zero discoball and shimmer looks a lot better now

Back