Rapid LED wiring question

mvallee

Non-member
I bought a used Biocube 29 with the rapid 29 LED kit. The LED controller had been dropped in the water and tossed but the guy said the lights can be hardwired just want to make sure I am doing it right.

So each transformer has 4 wires red, black, white and blue. Each channel of LED's has a red and black wire coming off. The Red and black from the transformer are the 48v power, do I just tie those into the black and red of each channel of LED? Do the white and blue need to be hooked up to make this work in any way? Then does anyone know what kind of controller to get if I decide to try to make the dimming work? Not looking to do anything crazy, just a holding/observation tank for fish just hate the thought of blasting them with light. I have found a bunch of google links for these lights but they all seem to be deleted now.

Pictures of what I am looking at

20200821_133456.jpg

20200821_133529.jpg

Last edited:
been doing some research and seems I need a 0-10 v power supply to tie into the dimmer wires.

Probably a pretty straightforward setup for LED's with dimmers but am having a hard time finding a power supply to be used as the dimmer. I keep coming up with wall dimmers or what seem to be LED dimmers but not a separate adjustable source. I will keep looking but if anyone knows what is needed for the dimmer power supply for this type of setup it would be much appreciated.

Back