Recomendations for a decent RO/DI unit

reefstarter

Non-member
So I just found out Lynn Water supply is being diverted to MWRA . Lynn has a track record of the best water quality in the country . I have done work for the MWRA and they are no slouch . but in such a broad water distribution system there are contaminants that can get in . My unit needs new filters as it is . Time for a new one I think . I know Air water and Ice , BRS , there was another one we had as a sponsor I can't find on forums anymore . I don't want to spend a ton of money on this . so what would you use ?

Basically there is not a lot of difference from one mfg to the next and they all seem to have good customer support, its all in the filter elements.

Jim

Hey tony, if you're interested I have my old unit with good filters in it and I have some extras. PM me if you're interested. 5 stage brs chloramines plus

I just picked up the air fire and ice typhoon III extream from another member. I did a quick test to see what the waste water to RODI water ratio was. I was excited to see a 3:1 ratio I filled 3, 5 gallon buckets of waste water to one 5 gallon bucket of RODI. I am very happy with that ratio as I know some systems can be as bad as 5:1 or 10:1! We have a BSR reefkeeper water saving unit at my school and I believe my boss said it was a 5-1 ratio, but same water quality with either system.

Best of luck- Tim

I think you were thinking of Buckeye Hydro. I got my unit from them, have been very happy. Owner seems very knowledgeable and happy to answer questions.

I was very happy with a 150gpd 4-stage from BulkReefSupply. They often go on sale, especially during the black friday sales. Never had any problem producing a year's worth of 0 TDS water with only sediment filters needing changing every 3 months or so.

I also have the air fire and ice typhoon III extreme and am very happy with it. The customer service is outstanding and the unit carries a lifetime warranty! You cant beat that. Reminds me I need to change my filters!

I also have the air fire and ice typhoon III extreme and am very happy with it. The customer service is outstanding and the unit carries a lifetime warranty! You cant beat that. Reminds me I need to change my filters!

I have the same one an it's great. Had it almost 2 years and have only had to replace the DI resin once. I think it's air water ice tho. They have specials quarterly

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back