Red Planaria

CrypticLifeStyle

Non-member
So i noticed i had red planaria in my 5g reef tank a month ago. It's been since last fall since i put any new additions in other then hermit crabs, and none of the corals are from my display tank, and the display tank doesn't have any red planaria, but i want to break down the 5g, and put the corals in my display tank. I do not want to infect the display tank, so i've been sucking them out of the 5g for weeks now with air tubing, but the population seems to never be affected for long.

I used to use dog dewormer, or potassium pomegranate as a hitchhiker killer in my planted tanks, can you do the same for red planaria in a reef tank or am i going to just have to throw the corals away in the 5g? There is no livestock in the 5g anymore, its all been removed except for the corals.

Flatworm exit will kill them but be careful as they are toxic when they die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might give that stuff a try, it seems to have mixed reviews on effectiveness which didn't make me all that confident in it. I removed the corals into a bare tank, and dosed the 5g with potassium pomegranate saturday, and sunday. I think it killed the red planaria, pods look to be alive, but not certain if it killed the eggs, and there lies the uncertainty.

Back