Red Sea Max 130/130D --- Free circulation pump upgrade

sumant19

BRS Member
For all RSM 130/130D users -- Red sea is offering a free circulation pump upgrade. Received an email from Red Sea yesterday. Already requested mine :)..

The free upgrade can be requested by a form at - http://www.redseafish.com/upgrade?u...ail&utm_term=0_e6ab9a3f4a-833fd89935-57068577

You may need to register your RSM first through - http://www.redseafish.com/register?...ail&utm_term=0_e6ab9a3f4a-833fd89935-57068577

This is the text from the email I received -

Limited time, Free Upgrade Offer to USA & Canada MAX® registered owners
New & improved circulation pump for MAX® 130/130D

Dear Red Sea MAX® 130/130D owner,

Following comments and suggestions we have received from MAX® 130/130D owners and as part of our continued efforts to improve the performance of our products we are pleased to announce the availability of a retrofit improvement for all MAX® 130 and 130D systems.

A new single, high efficiency 360 gph European manufactured pump will replace the dual 150 gph (SP980) circulation pumps that have been supplied with system until now.

The complete upgrade kit includes:

360 gph high efficiency pump
“Eye ball” multidirectional water outlet
Hose barbs and tubing
Plug (for unused hole in the glass wall)
Installation and operation instructions
Benefits:
  • In addition to the increased performance, the positioning of the pump below the optimum water level makes the system less sensitive to evaporation, which can cause the injection of air bubbles or even over-heating of the pump.
  • Higher water flow
  • Lower power consumption
  • Improved reliability
  • Reduced injection of air bubbles
  • Eliminate risk of overheating

We would like to thank you for your continuous support and wish you Happy Reefing.

Red Sea Team

Received mine on Thursday and installed it just now... so far looking good.. flow is definitely stronger than earlier pumps combined.

Just saw this and filled out the form! Thanks for sending! Have you had an issue with warm water? My water keeps hitting 82-83 with the heater off...

Make sure your fan is working. That makes a big difference. Also, if you can afford it, an Led upgrade is worth it. I have great growth and color with no heat issues even in the summer.
The hottest it got in the summer was 81 when it was about 98 outside.

Back