Red Sea Prizm protein skimmer HELP!!!!!!!!!!

seahorse1

Non-member
I got a Red Sea Prizm PS from a friend but he didnt have the instruction manual. I have no idea how to set it up in the tank. It is fully assembled but there is a small clear flexible tube coming off the intake tube and I have no idea what this is for. Also what is the drainage port? Also how do I attach a hose for continuous waste removal like into a tub instead of the collection cup on top? On the intake tube is a round black circular thing,,,,,what is this for and what do I do with it? Thanks for anyone that can help me!!

There are two small tubes about half inch long at the bottom left of the collection cup. You can see the marking "I" and "II" above them.

Now, connect the tubing from the "air intake on top of the water intake tube" to the "I", plug in the electricity and the skimmer will prime.

After the skimmer is primed, (water is flowing), disconnect the soft tubing from "I" and put it on "II". You are all set.

Thanks Dong, I didnt even notice those two little I and II tubes. Do you put any biological or mechanical media in yours? I have an Aquaclear 110 filter so do or should I add anything in the bottom of the protein skimmer?

I found adding any media in the basket of the skimmer is not a good idea. When the media get clog, the skimmer may flood the floor.

I emailed Red Sea a little while ago and they emailed me a copy of the instruction manual. The guy even left his phone number in case I had more questions or needed help setting it up. What good customer service!

Back