Red Sea Prizm

MaineGuy72

Non-member
could someone that has one of these please tell me how they have it configured. the directions arent that good and mine seem to either wet foam or no foam.

right now i have some floss in the media area and the knob turned to about 4 o'clock. thanks

Mike

These skimmers are very easy to use. First thing to do is unplug it, then take it out of your tank and empty the water with out making a mess. Now place it gently on your work bench and find the largest object smasher you own. A sledge hammer works best but a regular hammer or rock will do if your short on materials. Now go to town on this unit until your only left with fist sized chunks. Now that your done with the hard part go grab a garbage bag and clean up the mess.

Sorry this wont fix the skimmer, in fact the skimmer should work roughly the same after this procedure but at least it wont take up nearly as much space. :p

ya i know its a POS but its all i got right now. working on getting a better one but need this to work before i get a chance to shake my money tree out back and rake up the hundreds... LOL

First thing is to do is to put the air hose at the first position on the left. This will allow for the skimmer to fill up Make sure to turn the dial so it is all the way open. When the skimmer is full, move the air hose over to the right position and then move the dial until you get the desired bubble. (This may be relatively loud). Mine was about half way open. When the money tree does decided to drop the 100's, do as Cardiak says.

I used one of these and it turned out o.k. The above are good directions to get it goin. This is what I did:

Start all open and pull air from the hose to get it flowing--you might get a bunch of water in the cup--then once it's flowin, close it and open the valve back up very slowly until the water level is JUST below the o-ring on top of the main chamber. You shouldn't see any results right away. After about a week, I started to get a thick black foamy mess. Not the most efficient, but definitely worked.

Back