reef geek

jenreef

Non-member
yesterday i ordered my light fixture and the bulbs and today i receive a email saying that one of the item is back ordered. wich online it said it was in stock. i am so upset because now i have to wait a week. and it is not even for sure that the item is going to come in a week. i heard so many great things from reef geek. and that is why i ordered my light fixture and etc from them and now this. i will probably never order from them again. has anybody else had a bad experience with them?

Inventory problems can happen to any company, infact your lucky to get an email so fast from them. I have heard so many times of people waiting weeks before they had to call in to find out something was out of stock.

the item being out of stock didn't really bother me. what did was the fact that it may not come in a week. who knows when i'm going to get my items basicly

well you could cancel the order and go elsewhere.. but what was it, an ATI fixture? Sunpower specifically?

Lots of times retailers like reefgeek have a real tough time getting their hands on these sort of higher end reef keeping pieces of equipment because they are made and shipped from overseas, and they are not nearly as mass produced as other reef items... my bet is that if reefgeek is all out, and can't get them in for a while, then most everyone is all out, and can't get them in for a while... that's usually how it works with things like this.

I had a fantastic experience with reefgeek.. like you i had to wait for the fixture to be in stock, but as soon as reefgeek was in possesion of it they shipped it right to me, and the whole process moved very smoothly.

the fixture is in stock. it's one of the bulbs i ordered wasn't in stock. so now they are holding all the items i purchased until they get the bulb in

the fixture is in stock. it's one of the bulbs i ordered wasn't in stock. so now they are holding all the items i purchased until they get the bulb in

ohh gotcha. If you shot them a note, or gave Greg a call i'm sure he'd ship the rest, and just hold out on the bulb(s) until they have them in stock.. he's a great guy to work with in my experience anyways.

well friday comes the day they said they were going to ship the items. and they did not ship it out. i called and they said if they don't ship it out that day than they are going to ship it out monday for sure. well monday comes and surprise surprise they did not ship my items out. i called again and i asked them when were they going to ship the items out and they said again if not today they were going to ship it out tomorrow. at this point i do not believe them no more. if tomrrow they don't ship my items out i will be asking for my money back

good news reekgeek called me today in the morning and notified me my package was going to be shipped out today. and right now i just received a tracking number from ups

Back