Reef Pest and Photos for meeting...

cobraz

Zoa Pirate
Just a suggestion:

If members could bring a small jar or personal photos to the meeting of the below critters:

Acro Flat worm
Red Bugs
Clam eating snails
Zoo eating SunDial snails
Zoo eating Nudi's

Seeing them in person may help many know what they see in their tanks - verse looking them up on the web. Could be an interesting side discussion for later. Show and Tell.

What do you think ?

I will be able to bring a coral with AEFW's on them to show and tell.
I'll even treat it at the meeting with Betadine.
M.

Cobra, I think thats an excellent idea. Can we also do this at the Annual Auction in October for the people that cant make the Sept meeting?

Dont forget Sea spiders!!!!!!

I've got one in a vial I'll bring if I come to the meeting... its dead though.

I may not have live ones but I'm sure I can find some SunDial snail shells.

Assuming what I've got is indeed Pyramid Snails, I can take a pic of those tonight. I can't make it to the Sept meeting, but if that's when you're going to do this, let me know and I'll email the pic to you.

Laurie

Is hydroid digitate a pest?
I need to kill mine.

i have been keeping an eye on mine and thinking the same thing.
i think that this would be a great idea. the only thing i have in my tank so far are red flatworms in my fuge. i dont think they are a pest but if requested ill try and nab some.

Nothing like the real thing

There is nothing like seeing the real thing up close, but as a second source in the interim, this site has some good pictures and general information about reef pests and how to get rid of them. This is part 1. At the end of part 1 there is a link to part 2. Part two is better and lists a lot of pests and how to rid the tank of them.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=351

Don't have any that I am aware of to bring, but have plenty of bristleworms. I consider them helpers as they are detrivores and eat fish waste and also leftover food. They love the food with garlic. The come out of all of the rockwork when that goes in.
Tom

Just a suggestion:

If members could bring a small jar or personal photos to the meeting of the below critters:

Acro Flat worm
Red Bugs
Clam eating snails
Zoo eating SunDial snails
Zoo eating Nudi's

Seeing them in person may help many know what they see in their tanks - verse looking them up on the web. Could be an interesting side discussion for later. Show and Tell.

What do you think ?

I think this is a VERY good idea and should be carried over into all meetings when/if possible. I think there's a lot to say for the ole' Show & Tell aspect.

Kudos, Cobraz!

Back