Reef Roids I think we have a winner

mvallee

Non-member
decided to try reef roids instead of what I had been using Coral Frenzy and boy oh boy did I get some reactions. Everything turned on their feeding response, puffed up, swelled up or closed up they loved it!!!

My Blasto's I have never seen them close up like this for anything, I usually feed more meaty foods like brine or cyclops but I am guessing this is a good thing
DSCF5397.jpg

Duncan was all swollen up
DSCF5398.jpg

Look at these mushrooms, they did not know what to do but the one in front was not sharing
DSCF5409.jpg

Ricordeas got all blown up
DSCF5401.jpg

and my poor brain who I am not sure if it will make it or not blew up so I would say we have a winning food for recovery.
DSCF5403.jpgDSCF5404.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what happens the next time :)

Was thinking about buying this. Thanks for some reviews. What size did you get to try out?

I got the 4 oz to try 1 teaspoon per 100 gallons so it should last long enough to know how I like it. Reef Roids is really just a "unique" Marine Plankton where coral frenzy has a much more interesting ingredient list so I am going to mix the two the next time I feed and see how that works out.

Do you feed them with lights on or off? And broadcast or target? I have been target feeding my acans and other Lps at night then broadcast feed the rest about 5 min before my lights go out at night. I'm not sure if the are getting what they need just from the coral Frenzy. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will feed once a week at night after the moonlights come on, I turn the skimmer off and dump in the recommended amount for gallons.

I will also spot feed when I am feeding the fish there frozen especially if I notice feeding responses from the Euphalyia, brain or button coral while feeding. this is usually about twice per week but yes need to be careful not to overfeed when doing this because the fish need to be heavily fed to leave the corals alone especially the dwarf angels that like to pick at the feeder tentacles.

My wife would think I am more nuts than she thinks I already am for this stuff if I set my alarm to get up and spot feed my corals :rolleyes:

my phosphates did go up from 0 to .02 - .03 when I checked but I also pulled the GFO around the same time due to other issues so not sure what to attribute it to. I will say I did not have any bump in nuisance algaes or other signs of high phosphates so nothing I am worrying about.

Back