reef supply/demand?

Scarfish

We want the wolf
is it just me or is the demand of items(corals/fish/LR/equip) in the fish trade here down significantly than it was a few yrs ago.

I belive there is a seasonality tied to this hobby and right now we are in the down (summer) trend - I think it is either that people spend more time outside during these months and less time on their indoor hobbies and/or we are at opposite cycles to the tropics (Caribbean, Asia-Pacific) where our livestock (excluding tank raised of course) comes from, or a combination of both - JMHO.

Demand is down on almost everything. Not just reef related. Where I work, there is little interest in new pets. Everyone is buying the bare minimum as far as supplies also.

APISTOBORELLI said:
Demand is down on almost everything. Not just reef related. Where I work, there is little interest in new pets. Everyone is buying the bare minimum as far as supplies also.
Not high end electronics!:D The company we get our control equipment through has had their largest sales ever in the last 2 months. We've been doing a lot of installs too.

Back