Refugium light has been broken now for a few weeks

jdemarco

Non-member
I have a CPR hob refugium. The light that comes with it stopped working a few weeks ago after about on 1.5 to 2.0 yrs of use. I changed th bulb and cant get it back, must be the ballast. Question is with the cheato.......it has been without direct light for 2+weeks. I dont see any signs of death YET....how long will it live? the tank is a very bright lit room with lots of daylight (not directly on it) but very bright room.....
am i flirting with danger by letting it sit and keeping an eye on it while i search for new ballast? am i on borrowed time? how much bad stuff will be released if two softball sized dense balls were to die off?????..

Go to Home Depot and get a clamp on spot light and a bulb...it's a cheap solution that works great for a fuge. Unfortuneately I foirget the type of bulb to get but the whole thing will cost about $12 and works fine

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ AGREE

CFL Bulb is what I Run and I gotta trim my chaeto every month in a 8Gal Fuge. (the Squiggly energy efficient ones, Get Daylight)

-Owen

anyone have experience in taking refugium off line and impact on their system????? what damage could be possibly if two balls of chaeto were to die in the refugium.....can they release enough bad stuff ot be measurable?????

just did the clamp on yesterday! $7 for the clamp on light and $9 for a two pack of 6500k bulbs, The CFL type. Works great.

My refugium has no light, it take light from a window next to it. The marco algae still going strong.

Yes they do. I have been using a clap on light with a good 6500k spot light and my cheato has always grown good.

Back