Repairs or Maintenance in Aquarium Silicone

MSilverio27

Non-member
So dry and simple question. Is there a way or method to reseal, at least in a little spot while having your tank already established? I still have GE 1 Silicone, the one that is recommended throughout which i used in my sump, and has worked very well.

Last edited:
You can't the silicone under water if that's what you mean. What is the problem you're trying to fix? A lot of the time when people "reseal" tanks they are actually doing nothing useful at all :)

well the issue is two small little pieces of silicone on the front left of the tank that are flapping, i cal tell because of the increase in water flow I have in the tank now. its just more superficial than anything. just wanted to know if I could have done it underwater. But that is out of the question now. I am planning, well waiting for the opportunity to upgrade to a 180, when that opportunity comes. This tank was bought used and i should have addressed that then. " The mind of a Rookie :( " Totally missed that. the two little flaps are like someone with nails just scratched it or a bigger fish had nipped them.

Back