Ric's

JenC

UGH!!
can you superglue rics directly to a rock or do you need to put them on a tooth pick or do nothing..l..

I usually do 1 of 2 things. Line a plastic lid like that of a peanut butter jar with rubble place Ric's on top and put women's stocking over it or put a tall plastic container maybe 6 or 7 inches with rubble in the bottom and then throw the ric's in. This lowers the flow and allows the ric's to adhere to the rocks.

I do a similar thing as skatezen - I punch holes all around the sides of a small tupperware container (using a hole puncher). Then I put rock rubble and the ric or mushroom in the container. Put it in an area of low flow. They will attach to the rubble pretty quickly. Then you can aquamend the rock rubble to a larger rock in your tank.

I hear a shot glass, or highball glass works well. Place a peice of rubble in the bottom, and then the ric ontop. Put in a low flow area. A few days and done. Have not tried this yet, but will be attempting this soon.

I use rubble rock and a fine mesh netting ( bought at a fabric store) place ric/mushroom on rock wrap netting and secure with elastic. Once attached remove netting. The netting can be used over and over.

i put netting around a rock with the ric under it. I figured that this would force the ric to attach to the rock. I was wrong....in the course of a week it cut itself through the netting into about 5 or 6 parts and then blew off in the current....im not sure if this has happened to other people or if it was just my bad practice.

that happened to me once...you put the netting on to tight. It should be real loose just enough to keep the ric from floating away

Back