Road to Rhode Island

RiverRat

Non-member
Hi All,
I am heading down to Newport Rhode Island for a conference.
Are there any coral/fish stores I should check out in the area or on the way (from boston)?
Thanks

As I read this, I thought I was in a Family Guy episode...

Or are we going to "Quahog"

The fish bowl in Fall River is the same owner as west Warwick. Avoid at all costs. There is a lengthy thread in vendor experience. I've heard critter but is pretty decent down in that area. Sea creature is in north prov. cra is in seekonk close to ri.

I love sea creatures and john is great. That being said he is remodeling right now and might be a bit crazy there and maybe not that much stuff.

The big thing at sea creatures is Thursday evenings as he gets the shipment in it gets mobbed and he often has very little live stock the rest of the week.

Like all things Rhode Island we do things a bit different down here. Lol

Awesome...thank you everyone.
I will try and swing by sea creatures.

extra points to Higor for catching the Family Guy reference :)

Dude, Family Guy is my LIFE!!!! Best thing in the world... yeah, I LUV IT that much. Ask my girl :)

Sorry I wasn't much help to ur question :p

Higor
Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:
Sea creatures is a good place to find some really uncommon dry goods as well including random weird plumbing ect. But ya gotta ask him or you may never see what you want. There is a lot of stuff hidden behind his front counter and in corners

+1 for Sea Creatures and RI Aquarium is also pretty good. Only the Critter Hut in North Kingstown carries saltwater. It is hit or miss.

Sea creatures is really good , coral reef aquarium in seekonk is good mainly sps, ri aquarium is changing their whole setup things are starting to come together there. I can see that being the cornerstone of the saltwater hobby in RI in the future. I agree with the previous comments on the fish bowl.

Back