Rodi clogged?

Are you using used RO membrane and DI resin? RO membranes will deteriorate quickly if they dry out.

They are used but I would think they would still do better than clearing up less than 50% of the TDS. I'd hate to order new media and membrane and still get bad performance and be back at square one lol but that's probably what I will end up doing

Try removing the DI resin canister and check what the RO membrane is putting out. Old DI resin is just as bad. I had bag of resin that tore open and dried out. The TDS out of the resin was higher than what was going in.

If you can get the TDS value of your tap water, you can calculate the rejection ratio of the membrane. 1-(output/input) ie, 1-(3/100) = 1-0.03 = 97% anything below 95 should be tossed.

Bulk reef supply and buckeye hydro have good prices on DI resin. RO membranes I get on ebay. What size system is this? 75 gpd?

Last edited:
Yup 75 gpd. I will try testing before the resin tomorrow. I was trying to save a few bucks getting a used one but at this point I may just toss it and get one new

Na, don't toss it. Your almost there. Just need clean filter media.

The filters need to be replaced or a regular basis. The membranes are the most expensive but only need to be changed every couple of years. DI resin may last 200 - 500 gallons.

The Dow Filmtec membranes list for about $35 from bulkreefsupply. You could get a bag of resin and a membrane for $50. They ship quickly.

I've used the following membrane from this seller many times with good results. Cheap money...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RO-Membrane...445112?hash=item1eb8342978:g:m7sAAOSwIgNXqilM

Finally got the membrane open, what a struggle that was lol. The inside is nasty. I am going to order that one you recommended. Probably a good idea to replace the rest of the media too right?

Ya, I'm sure the DI resin is spent also. That being the case you might as well spend a few bucks more and get a new sediment filter and carbon block.

If you're anywhere near the attleboro area, I can help you out the those last two parts. I buy them in bulk.

Update! So i changed all the media... sediment filter, gc, do resin and carbon block as well as the ro membrane. Still got about 70ppm output after flushing for 30 minutes. So i tested the tds after the ro membrane and before the di and block and got 18ppm! What could be causing my di or block to add 50ppm of tds?

Back