Rose BTA is missing MIA

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
I haven't seen him in 2 days :( I know it is commmon for them to go
into hiding for a couple of days if they aren't happy.

Should I go looking for him?

check your overflows and see if it climbed it...I have had one do that to me....

Mine crawled into the wierdest location to split once, and then both BTAs moved back into the light after a few days.

I had one that split and then a couple of weeks later the original just shriveled up in the rock and never came out again. It didn't cause any water parameter problems - it just shriveled up and went away.

I had a BTA disapear about 2 months ago and never seen it since, never had any water problems... I think he went suicidal... he was very healthy too... wierd

Is it a captive raised or wild caught? I had 3 wild caught that never adapted to my tank. The first captive raised I got is now 9 anenomes (in our tanks) and many splitts have been given away.

clamm said:
any update kevin

Nope, still MIA. I did check for ammonia,trites and trates yesterday just incase. I am doing a water change later today and will test again just incase he bites the dust.

I once had a Rose that split twice. One ended up in the overflow, and the other 2 just kinda disappeared. In a tank that big, you may never find them not any traces of them.

Back