Sand or crushed coral

A thin layer of crushed coral can be aesthetically pleasing and easy to clean with a turkey Baster and large water change. I think this is for your 2g jar or something right? If so clarify as most people on here run large systems and may have experience mostly with large systems. I run crushed coral on all my Pico tanks as you will want to aggressively pour water into the sandbed weekly to flush the system of sediments as most picos don’t run filtration. If this is for a Pico and you want questions answered specifically for a small tank nano-reef.com tends to have more insight.

Thanks for all the information now my second question can I use same water from my fresh water or do I have to carry new water to start my saltwater tank

A thin layer of crushed coral can be aesthetically pleasing and easy to clean with a turkey Baster and large water change. I think this is for your 2g jar or something right? If so clarify as most people on here run large systems and may have experience mostly with large systems. I run crushed coral on all my Pico tanks as you will want to aggressively pour water into the sandbed weekly to flush the system of sediments as most picos don’t run filtration. If this is for a Pico and you want questions answered specifically for a small tank nano-reef.com tends to have more insight.

This is for his 75g new setup he is doing.

Working progress and my wife is asking to do to many things in the house

Attachments

• 20200124_162726.jpg
    20200124_162726.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 162
Ok I think I'm in question 20 hahaha best way and Product to cycle my tank water and salt has been added rock not on the tank jet.

Bio-Spira is a good way to kickstart your bacteria and go the food store and buy a raw shrimp (not cooked). Toss a chunk of the shrimp into the tank and let it rot of a few days

First time I heard raw shrimp hahahaha

It’s more humane. This way your not putting any fish through the cycling process. The raw shrimp will break down making ammonia and in turn it feeds the bacteria growth we need for our systems

Back