SC-302 skimmer

Tcancel

Non-member
So after researching for a skimmer for the 180g at work. I chose the SC-302! It was suggested by a member and all i could find was positive reviews. I got it today and installed it. The pump seems extremley powerful and it is extremley quiet. Now....

I have set it to the lowest setting and it overflows in about 10 seconds. I have moved the skimmer up and down, but the water level does not seem to affect it. Has anyone have this issue with your skimmer, if so, any advise? I know it takes a while for the skimmer to break in, but in my experience with other skimmers, i have always been able to set it to its lowest setting with no overflow to break in. Usually i get the overflow as the skimmer starts skimming. Any thoughts???????????? TIA.

did you rinse out the skimmer and pump in vinegar? Alot of times there is a film on the acrylic through the processing

Yeah, it could just be part of the break in period. Is the water level at the recommended height? If it continues, I would try raising the skimmer on a platform to see if that helps.

Back