Seachem and Aquavitro

Bobbofin

Non-member
Went to Skipton Pets looking for Coral Frenzy. Spoke to Wiggy's cousin, I forgot his name. He highly recommended Aquavitro Fuel by Seachem. I bought Aqauvitro Fuel and went home. At home I compared Aquavitro Fuel to Seachem Reef Plus I already had (almost empty) and found it's the same thing! Seachem has done something misleading. They changed the measurement of the ingredients from mg to ug basically moving the decimal point to the right three spaces. The amounts of the ingredients is about the same. AFter further investigation I found that Aquavitro Vibrance is the same as Seachem Reef Iodide which I use. Aquavitro Vibrance has 10,000mg/l of naturally stabilized potassium iodide and Seachem Reef Iodide has 8,000mg/l...so what, it's the same thing only one is a tad bit more concentrated! I feel that this is just the repackaging of existing products for remarketing. I bet Aquavitro Calcification is the same as Seachem Reef Calcuim, it looks the same in the description on both websites only the concentrations are differant. 140,000mg/l in Aquavitro compared to 50,000mg/l in Seachem Reef Calcium. What we are talking about here folks is water. If you are using Seachem Reef Calcium you are paying for almost three times more water than if you bought Aquavitro Calcification. This is NOT a new product line, this is repackaging, changing of the unit measure and changing of the concentration with the adding or removal of water. Check out these websites www.aquavitro.com and www.seachem.com and compare. I am not bashing the quality of Seachem or Aquavitro products, it use them exclusively, just the repackaging and marketing.

Last edited:
Im sure this happens more times then we realize and not only in reefkeeping, Pretty much everything in our daily lives. But when we figure it out we know to buy the cheaper of the two. And im sure the suppliers hope we are not smart enough to catch it. Good catch

Back