Seting Up My New 75gallon Tank

i purchased a complete set up from a good standing member of the BRS thanks again GLENN .:D
this will be my largest tank i have a 29 tall now
I'm in the process of get it into place and filled and will need advice in the near future ;)
this is what i got in the deal

75 Gal Oceanic RR tank
30 gal acrylic sump
Oak stand
Quiet one 3000 return pump
Euroreef CS6-2 skimmer w sedra pump
Coralife 48" 2X 150w HM + 2X 96 w actinic + Moonlights
I will post a few pictures
if anybody has any ideas or comment please post them here
thanks

Last edited:
wow nice. i have pretty much that same exact tank and light. i'll set it up one day. good luck, cant wait to see it with stuff in it.

update

update
i have the tank filled with water and rock( 50 pounds of MARCO new deco rock and 40 pounds of live rock) sump is up and running ,waiting to for the cycle to start .:D
will update when cycle is done and have things in it.

Attachments

• IMG_8350.JPG
    IMG_8350.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_8351.JPG
    IMG_8351.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 328
update

hi
starting to wonder when the cycle will start it has been 2 weeks since i filled the system and i haven't seen any kind of cycle? 0 amonnia or any nitrite or nitrate i started with 40 pounds of live rock and 50 pounds of marco deco-rock
i guess i will have to wait some more.
any way here is the latest pics

Attachments

• IMG_8370.JPG
    IMG_8370.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8367.JPG
    IMG_8367.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_8371.JPG
    IMG_8371.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_8378.JPG
    IMG_8378.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 248
How is the quiet one return pump? I have a similar setup and my mag7 is only OK, far better than the Sedra 5000 running my euro reef skimmer.

I have a similar skimmer and it was doing well, but then changed it to a recirculation (fed from the overflow) and meshed the impeller. Not sure why I did it, but it was cheap and does a much better job.

I tied some table shrimp to some fishing line, the cycle was complete in just over 3 weeks - not sure if the shrimp helped but it was fun answering the questions of why it was there :) (kids will believe anything). Nitrates a 0 in about a week or two after that.

I'd also recommend tank water from your 29 and a couple shrimp to get the cycle started. wouldn't hurt to put a couple rocks from the 29 in.

How is the quiet one return pump? I have a similar setup and my mag7 is only OK, far better than the Sedra 5000 running my euro reef skimmer.
hi
the pump is working great i can't hear anything from it but is my first big tank with this pumps so i can't compared to any other pump

Back