"Show Stopper"

smile57

Non-member
I am in search of that "Show Stopper" :: fish for my 36G reef tank. Im in no hurry patiently waiting for that perfect colorful fish over “4 inches”. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

It will depend a lot on what kind or tank you have full mixes reef, fish only with live rock and so on. Also what else is in the tank and what else you want to put in. 36 gallons is not huge so you will limited. If you don't want to add other fish an angler can have a lot of character but is not a flashy mover. I always thought fire fish were interesting to watch but again they also hide. Some more info about your tank and what you plan on doing could help. I'd look around the web stores so you can get an idea of what you want.You might also look at some of the smaller wrasses as they can be colorful and fun to watch.

Last edited:
I agree with swampy, flasher wrasses are gorgeous!! I am also a huge fan of the amazing mystery wrasse...

I have a pair of fire fish. They stay right in the front of the tank. The wrasses are nice. The Royal Gramma is purple and yellow, pajama cardinalfish are nice, but love shrimp if you have any.
if your go to liveaquaria.com they have pictures of the fish, compatibilty charts, size requirements and feeding infor. Some are reef safe others are not. They will tell you.
Some fish like the mandarins are nice looking but they require special feeding most times. The yellow watchman goby has personality, but can eat small shrimp.

hope you find something you like...Not too big for that size tank.
Tom
Oceanguy

just got one of these the other day over at aqua addicts. mines about 2.5in. really active and very peaceful...
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+2648&pcatid=2648

p-39306-mckoskers-flasher-.jpg

Thanks everone for your feedback!!
A little more about my tank. Currently a few corals, 90 pounds of LR, 1 cleaning shrimp, 1 red spotted shrimp, 2 clown fish 1 1/2inches long. Looking to do a mix LPS and SPS.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks

Back