Simple tank temp alarm?

NateHanson

Non-member
I've seen a digital tank thermometer at AquaAddicts that goes off below 75 or above 82. Has anyone seen something like this with adjustable limits or a slightly higher limit than 82. I tend to operate between 80 and 83. So an 82 degree alarm might get annoying in the summertime.

Nate

I'm sure they are out there. Funny you asked though. I noticed my tank temp was a little higher than normal (82.6 F). Well, I went to turn my heater down a bit and no setting will turn it off. P.O.S. is only 2 months old. Time for a better one. Eventually I will get a seperate sensor that will turn the heater on and off via a control system. That way I won't have to worry about it again.

Nate, The one Armando cited is the one I use. Bought it at AA. Does he not carry them anymore? It is kinda big, but I have it in the basement in my sump. I have a much smaller one attached to the side of my canopy. Works well...alarm went off alerting me to cold water one frigid morning. Threw another heater in there, and all is well, now. ;) I recommend, although a little pricey. :eek:

-Linda

I don't think that is pricey, at all! I bought an indoor/outdoor digital thermometer at Radio Shack for 14 or 15$ and the only alarm it has is when the outdoor sensor reaches 32F. Since I used the outdoor sensor to monitor the temp in the tank, if that alarm ever goes off, I have BIG problems. :)

For what it's worth, the Radio Shack thermometer works great... just no alarms.

Jeff

Thanks for the tips guys. I like the one Armando linked. I'll have to look again at AA, maybe I missed it.

Then I'll have to decide whether I want to restock my snails, or know the temperature this week. :)

Thanks.

Back