Skimmer Question

chuck

why why why
Ok, I bought a skimmer from Jackie... a CPR in sump... and it is too tall to get under my stand and be able to work on it. So, does anyone know of a relatively inexpensive yet reliable skimmer?

I have heard it is possible to get Blemished Euroreefs... anyone know anything about this?

Ok, so it looks like the Euroreefs might be too tall, I think I need something in a 16" or less range... I may end up going HOB at this rate... Oh well, more space for refugium I suppose...

Any good HOB's out there? Relatively inexpensive?

You could always bust out the hack saw and cut the hole to your stand bigger! :)

And reconstruct a new door... Sounds like a fun weekend project!

We just finished a solid oak table we're using for my 20 gallon freshwater tank. Both David and I sat on it to make sure it was sturdy enough for a full 20 gallon.

Melody~

The problem isn't getting the skimmer in there, but working on it ince it is in.

Besides that, I am still working on a sump, the 29 I bought from SHoieb does not want to fit through the door, and I am not cutting the center brace with the tank full of water

What work do you need to do on it? Can you remove the collection cup? I think that's all you'll need to do, and many skimmers don't require any extra height for cup removal.

Euro reef and some others are zero-clearance. I have my collection cup within 1/2" of the bottom of my tank. and I just unscrew and slide off the collection cup quite easily.

Nate

for HOB, the aqua-c remora works really well, it doesn't need constant adjustment like those blasted Prizms do.

chuck said:
Ok, so it looks like the Euroreefs might be too tall, I think I need something in a 16" or less range... I may end up going HOB at this rate... Oh well, more space for refugium I suppose...

Any good HOB's out there? Relatively inexpensive?

im using an 8-1 its not too tall. ill measure when i get home.

Back