Slightly overfeed

BrianMac

Non-member
When I came home yesterday. My wife informed me that she feed the tank and there was a slight accident. She went to give my two clown fish some Formula Two Pellets. When she opened the container it spilled into the tank. To top this all off. To her surprise the pellets sank. So she felt bad about that and decided to give the guys flake food instead.

I went down and took a look at the tank and noticed a 6 inch area on the sand bed that was buried by the Formula Two.

I removed as much of the food that I could get into the net. Just waiting to see what happens next....

If you scooped it out I would think it will be fine. Just to be safe, I would just not feed the tank for a few days.

BrianMac said:
When I came home yesterday. My wife informed me that she feed the tank and there was a slight accident. She went to give my two clown fish some Formula Two Pellets. When she opened the container it spilled into the tank. To top this all off. To her surprise the pellets sank. So she felt bad about that and decided to give the guys flake food instead.

I went down and took a look at the tank and noticed a 6 inch area on the sand bed that was buried by the Formula Two.

I removed as much of the food that I could get into the net. Just waiting to see what happens next....
If it is the Marine Formula 2 pellets with garlic---should be fine. I use the same stuff for my scooter blenny and have just recently finished a full 7 day treatment of the tank with Melafix for pop eye. I put in quite a few of those in 2x daily for the scooter and in the 7 days it did not hardly raise my nitrates at all and I do not have a refugium---modestly deep sand bed---but I doubt that has much to do with it as I have a friend that has both and still has an awful time with her nitrates.

Hope this helps.

Anne

Back