Spring Tank Tour Sun., May 1st!

Nuno, my tank is a 65g tank with 2x175w 10K, and 1x175W 20K. Flow is from a mak 4 GenX in the basement through a Penductor, a Seio 820, and a mag 7 closed loop. The sump is a 55g in the basement with DIY skimmer, DIY Kalk reactor, and DIY carbon/phosban reactor (gotta live up to my title, right? :)).

Livestock is a majestic angel, 2 pink skunk clowns, a LMB, and a yashe haze goby. Primarily SPS corals.

Nate

Hi everyone - we had a great time oogling everyone's tanks. Thanks so much for inviting us in! I got some really nice ideas to re-work some of my system. . . these things are ever-evolving - we're never done!
I pulled into my driveway at 9:35pm, but I am sure it was closer to 10:30 for Jackie.

Even after 2 full days of "talk'n tanks" I am still not "overdosed" on fish/corals!

Nuno, here are my specs.

Tank - 180g main display tank with 40g sump & 10g refugium.
Lights - 3x250w 10K, 4x25w actinics.
Return - mag drive 12
Flow - (2) Seio 1500
Skimmer - Euro Reef 8-2
Livestock - 1 Vlamingi unicorn tang,1 Solorensis wrasse,1 false percula,2 scooter blennies,1 flame hawkfish, 1 watchman goby, 2 green chromis and various inverts such as emeralds crabs, blood red shrimp & peppermint shrimps.

Thanks everybody for stopping by, my wife and I enjoyed having you all over :)

Kevin

nunofs said:
Jackie: thank you so much for all the work you put into this... the level of detail of your planning was incredible (I particularly liked the "stitched" large map!) and it really showed because the tour was a success... lots of really nice tanks to see, great people to meet, and a lot to learn at every single stop... it was long but awesome day.

And a big "thank you" to everyone who opened up their houses and showed their tanks.

Nuno

Ditto for me :D . I couldn't have said it better!

Loved it!!

-Patrick

Hey guys, After the thread about flatworms I thought I needed to mention that I have had flatworms in my system, but never the red plague ones. I have seen the good ones in the past and have never treated to kill them because they never overpopulated. I havn't seen any since adding the mandarin, but I'm sure they are still in the system. Just thought I should give a heads up. I'm sorry I didn't think of saying anything when I gave away macro. I just havn't thought about them lately since it has been so long since I have seen them in the tank.

Thanks for the heads up Cindy. Not to worry, i already had the white/clear ones without a problem. Even after FE they hung on. But are now gone on their own.(at least i haven't seen them in along time)

-Patrick

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd not worry about the whitish/clear ones. I've had them in the past (in previous tanks) and their population seems to be very self limiting. I've never heard of them becoming a problem in anyone's tank.

Well, ?my you know what? is draaaaaging today. After rolling out of my car onto my driveway at 11:00pm last night from a long 20-hour day, and 4 hrs sleep last night, (my eyes are still little slits and am barely awake), it was well worth it. I have to say that?s one of the best times I?ve had in a long time.

Thank you to everyone for opening your homes to let us see the great work and effort you?ve all put into your tanks, so many great setups (makes mine pale in comparision to what I saw yesterday!), excellent ideas, meeting your families, those who put out the great munchies (we were STARVED), and Kevin?s and Mrs. G?s pizza party at the end of the tour......

Thank you Paula for driving so I could crash in the back seat to study my ?overkill? google maps and with the 3 of us plus Abbey sharing girl talk, Sherry?s outstanding directions (don?t worry, it?s our secret
wink.gif
). Nuno for taking pictures and putting up with us girls part of the way (you have the patience of an angel), to the cars who let us follow when it was so much easier than reading maps, and to all of you who just made it a great day. I just wish we had had more time to fit the other tanks we didn?t have time to tour......

PHreef said:
Ditto for me :D . I couldn't have said it better!

Loved it!!

-Patrick

Hey patrick I forgot to give you that sand, feel free to stop over and grab it if you like. PM if you are interested in it :)

My pictures are coming shortly :) ... just narrowed it down to about 50 photos, I still have to process/resize them and then I'll post them along with the tank info I've been receiving and a summary of the tour. Hopefully I'll do it tonight...

Nuno

Hey, I have a few pics. But i won;t be able to post them until next week.
Sorry too much stuff this week. I didn;t take any glamor shots but mainly full tank shots.

PS- I'll fess Up. i was the one who left the camera case. :(

Back