sps under powercompact

reefjunkie77

reefjunkie77
I just received an Orange montipora digitata frag as a freebie from an online vendor, and I don't have any experience with these corals, and I was wondering if it would be possible to keep these corals under PC.?

I have some frags of brown montipora digitata under 130 watts pc on my 29 gallon tank. Its up high, maybe 8-9 inches away from the lights, and it has grown well and looks great. :)

They are one of the hardiest SPS that are available. I would try to keep it as high as possible, even then the orange color will probably get much darker and more brown under PC lighting.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure I have only dealt with lps and softies for the most part, do you think it would be better to put it up for sale, or trade it?

reefjunkie77 said:
I thought so, but I wasn't sure I have only dealt with lps and softies for the most part, do you think it would be better to put it up for sale, or trade it?

I don't think you need to sell or trade it. I think it'll be safe with you. :) They're pretty hardy. Just put it up high in your tank, and see if it grows. If it hasn't grown at all in 2 months, then you might want to trade it.

Back