sun coral question

biggyclops

Senior Meatologist
Ok... for those who have some.. how much effort is needed to keep them? i would like to get one.. i have plenty of caves.. i just want some advice before jumping in!

Thanks in advance!

~J

A lot of people say that you should feed them 1-2 times a day... Well, I feed them every other day. I squirt them a little with goo while the lights are on so they can "smell" it, then I save some goo for them for when the lights go out. Mine are little piggies, and will gobble down whatever I baste at them -- mysis, chopped mussels, chopped shrimp, anything.
suncoral02-15-08.jpg

DSCN1763.jpg

Thank you! I actually got them from Ebay! I really wanted this sun coral, but the shipping was terribly expensive, so I had to order a bunch of other things to make it worthwhile :)
Let me see if I can find the seller's ID... tonga-direct

I don't know where Helltown is, but Krystal Clear in Auburn had a beautiful baseball sized piece last week for $35. Give them a call and see if it's still there. I also have some of these and they do great under an overhang or in a cave. Target feeding is required, but it's easy. I feed frozen brine at night at the same time about 2 hours before my lights go out. They have started to anticipate and they come out for about 4 hours so I get to see them open under the halides when I get home. Get them. I think they are one of the nicest corals.

Back