switching over tanks this weekend a couple of ?'s

Ba19Ma88

Non-member
This is the weekend I plan on the big switch. I have a couple of quewstions.

#1) The light is comming off of the 46 on Sunday. How long could I keep the livestock in with out a light on it, while the other tanks cycles.

###What I was planning on doing was, filling the new tank (75 Gal) with 50 gallons of pre mixed rodi salted water (as close to the 46 tank water as I can get it) and the rest with water from the 46 gallon.

#2) As far as the sand bed I am going to go with .5 to 1" of sand. I have eggcrate for the bottom of the tank and I was going to put the rock in and then sand around the rock.

###Problem is I have 2 RBTA's attached to some of the rock, and that is some of the larger base rocks that my structure will be based upon. Not sure what to do. Also have a few clams and not sure about them.

#3) My new tank will have alot more light than the last one (last tank 250 watt 20khqi---new tank 2ea 250watt 10K and 4 24" vho's any help woudl be appreciated

To much typing to explain all of this, but I have done this a couple of times with no ill effects. Feel free to call me and we can discuss this in full 617 four three eight 2254.

I'd say things will be ok without light for a day or two, but why take the light of the 46 before your 75 is ready? The tank doesn't need any light to cycle properly.

Nate

I am selling the light over the 46 this weekend and that would leave no lights at all over the 46 :-(

Speaking with Adam, I am pretty sure all will be set and I have a firm plan as to what to do....Ill post photos when ready and Thanks to everybody

Bruce

Back