The Aquarium Gallery, Hudson NH ROCKS!!

Scuba_Dave

Non-member
What a store!!! 1st I walk in & do a 2x take (Darren was there). I said, wow I thought that was a tank behind you!! I look again, IT IS a tank!! 2,000 gallons right out front, not setup yet, they are in the process of redoing it.
BUT MAN, that's the tank I want!! :D
OK, maybe only 10' x 3' front to back instead of the 10' x 6' front to back.

Then I start walking out back, 400g tank behind & to one side of the main tank, full of water & running - to be stocked
Out back, a 500g tank, full of water & LR has been added
And tanks all round the walls, with some great corals & fish
Very nice setup, I picked up my invert order & a blue CBS
There was a very nice colorful fish I wanted, but it's a cleaner wrasse; and thankfully it would go hungry in my tank :)
Maybe my next tank....

I'm redoing my frag tank, need to get my CA reactor online, and want to rescape the main tank.
But once I've done all that :rolleyes: , I'll have to head back to stock up

Very good selection of dry goods, tanks
Also a nice seahorse tank there, and a pipefish

Can't wait to see this place once all the tanks are up & running
Wicked pissah!!

Yup its his store...thats a fact. His dream come true! Now I just wonder how his wife feels. I saw her with her arms in the tanks today.

I agree. The Aquarium Gallery is a great store! Outstanding selection and friendly service. I have no reason to go anywhere else.

Gary

His business card says "store manager", and I have heard the owners tell him since you are the store manager you need to be on this and that. Thats rather old news several months back. I think the latest development is now having direct interest in the store as a part owner. You would have to ask him for sure.

Either way,

Congrats -b-

littlep93056 said:
He's manager now ?

Just wanted to chime in, if you have not been up to the store yet I highly recommend you plan a trip as it is well worth it. Went up yesterday for my second time to pick up my inverts from the group buy, customer service is great, got a little busy and seeing that B was having trouble catching the Scott's Fairy Wrasse I wanted( a few hours and pretty wet), I knew he could not stop everything for me as he had to deal with other customers, so He gave me a little discount in the end for my patience which was no big deal as I could hang out there all day. It is not your normal LFS with small holding tanks everything is like display tanks but I think that is going to change as B said it makes it hard to catch some livestock, such as in my case.Any how take a ride you will not regret it.

I made a visit there earlier this afternoon to meet Bill nichols. May i just say that i was very impressed with the stock in such a fresh store and especially the cleanliness. Good luck guys wish you the best!;)

i haven't been to the store, but i've known B when he was at 2 other LFSs in the area (i'm not sure if i'm allowed to mentioned the names of those two stores) and he's a great guy. knows his stuff, accommodating, friendly, and always a pleasure to do business with. i'm not surprised at all that the store is getting such good reviews.

I walked in to Aquarium Gallery maybe two weeks ago, and B asked me "How's the wrasse?"

I'd bought an Iridis maybe a month and a half before that. That impressed the heck out of me.

The Aquarium Gallery is a great store!

I've been there a few times so far, and every visit is worth the drive up from Boston. B is great, very knowledgeable and knows his customers well. He also makes sure that all the livestock he is selling is very healthy. I've had great luck with fish from this store, including a great potters angel I recently picked up.

The shopping experience at the AG is also great. It's not like the cluttered, small aisles at some shops. Instead, all the tanks are located along the walls in a large open room, which really lets you look at the livestock without bumping into 10 people. All of the tanks are large and clean and each fish has plenty of space.

This is definitely the place to buy livestock and worth the drive up to NH.

I coulnd't agree more, great place, friendly service, good tips on fine local dining too. BTW BIG CORAL SALE TODAY AND TOMORROW.. ;-)

I have to agree...I think B makes any store he's at great. He knows way more than me about the fish & I do know a thing or 2 about fish ;)

When I moved up here I went to get water & was commenting to my boyfriend how much cheaper some of the things were compaired to FL and out of the blue he says "you must be Jovreef?" Kinda took me by suprise...memory like an ox lol.

Please bear with us, we're currently working out some details of unclear parts in the rules of this forum.

Last edited:
great store, nothing but positive feedback here.

B also gets special mention IMO, he knows his stuff and always seems to be excited about something. Makes it feel a bit better to throw lots of $ into a glass box. I almost wet myself when he mentioned his latest dream, but I won't go into that as it's only second hand.

I just got my first fish from them today,a canary blenny I'm so exited to have a real fish! B was very helpfull.

I made my first purchase at Aquarium Gallery last night, a beautiful Goldflake Angel. The fish is extremely active, healthy and eating like a pig. I was a little nervous spending so much on a fish but but knew I was in good hands so it made the purchase a little less stressful.

we just got back from the aquarium gallery. and what a great place. casey was wonderful. spent about 2 hours with us going over things and helping us pick out what we were looking for. great selection of corals and fish at great prices. will be going back again real soon. cant wait to see the 2000 galon tank when it is set up. take care

Back