The Move Has Begun....

starrfish

Non-member
I started to move some of my corals over to the 350. It's really starting to take shape - at least in my eyes. :) It's so funny....most people would come in and say "those corals are too small for this tank". But I get so attached to everything - they all look great to me - even the smallest of frags. That is what is so great about this hobby of ours - everyone has a different opinion and different tastes. When I look at each one, I think who I got it from, when I got it, how much it's grown. I hope now that they have space and good lighting, they will all grow like crazy! Most of my frags came from Armando and Greg, and all of my big colonies came from Marc (of course!) - thinking of you guys often as I move them across the room into the new tank. Thanks!

Did you need to wear a snorkle and mask? :p

J/K...congrats on finally making it a reef. :) More pics once you've placed all the corals. Pleeeeeaaaase!!

Is my foster child in yet ?
I can't wait to see that. He sure deserves it!

Congrats and dont forget the reason for the bigger tank.....more room for growth.
smile.gif

I'm with you I love seeing frags grow over the years and grow into colonies.

Marc - your foster child has 2 more weeks of detention. :) But as you can see, he hasn't missed any meals...

Attachments

• DSCN1139 Medium Web view.jpg
    DSCN1139 Medium Web view.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 241
It's Really Coming Along...a few pics

Left Side

Attachments

• DSCN1157 Medium Web view.jpg
    DSCN1157 Medium Web view.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 208
My newest purchase....Heliofungia. The picture doesn't do this coral justice. It's about 8-9" across and it has bright pink tips. I just got this at Marc's yesterday and it's beautiful.

Attachments

• DSCN1169 Medium Web view.jpg
    DSCN1169 Medium Web view.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 197
Yeah, he just got it in and I ran down there! It's really beautiful - you can't really tell from the pic how big it is. And it's still getting used to my tank - I just put it in last night.

When I was there last week I think it was 12-14" across. Thats a monster of a plate. I think we can get about 100 frags out of that baby.

LOL - it probably will be that big once it acclimates to my tank! I have it in a nice open spot in the front so it can expand as much as it wants.

Just moved my anemone rock and the clowns - they are a bit confused by the whole ordeal but seem to be doing fine. In the old tank they were in the back of the rock (damn anemone moved back there), but I put them right in the front in the new tank. I hope he doesn't move. Here's a pic...

Attachments

• DSCN1199 Medium Web view.jpg
    DSCN1199 Medium Web view.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 143
Back