trying to decide wether or not to build a new tank VS Buying new

Gsxkid

BRS Member
Hey im 20 I live at home and I wanted to build an in wall tank setup. Its in my basement so I was looking at prices of tanks and its pretty expensive. I wanted like an 96x24x24 and lets just say I wold have to spend at very least 2 grand for a glass one. I am more leaning toward making one. Now I was wondering what would be better to make one out of acrylic or glass. I have made some overflow boxes out of acrylic and feel as though I got a handle on the whole process but I see alot of people go with glass tanks over acrylic for the simple fact of scratching. Now I have never made anything out of glass would I be crazy to try it. I been reading that 560 tank build thread and it doesnt seem to hard to build with glass. What do you all think.

Glass is better than acrylic IMO. There was a poll about this not to long ago on here.

I would build, tanks are expensive and you can get the glass for a fraction of the cost. Plus you have the look what I did factor.

Good luck either way.

also there is the option of buying used if you wanted to go that route there are always tanks on here for sale most of the people here keep their tanks in great condition

Back