UMM MH unit and salt water =s?

skyedolphan

Non-member
ok heres another dumb mistake..
got my maristar system back yesterday try it all out everything seems towork fine ( bad igniter was the problem) asJay was taking the aquamedic unit off he droped it IN THE TANK all plugs were unpluged and thank god didnt break the tank but I havent plugged the lights in yet I took the glass off lots of water in the light fixture dried it out as best I could anything else to really try before I plug this thing back in while keeping fingers and toes crossed 1, that it works 2, that I dont get sent flying again...

No no no! Don't plug it back in! Even if you've tried to dry it out, the salt left behind could create shorts that would damage the light irreparably. I'd take it apart and rinse it thoroughly with water or rubbing alcohol, then allow it to dry completely before turning it back on. You should be able to save it since it wasn't energized when it took a bath. Just get rid of all that salt.

Nate is right. Wash it with RO or freshwater, and let it dry for atleast a week.

Turn it back on now, and you'll fry it

When I did that, I had to replace every component that got wet. Being that there are flourescent ballasts in there, fans, endcaps, and various wirings.. I think it would be a job.

thanks guys I will take everything apart and rinse as stated with the ro water .. all I know is that I am glad it was HIS aquamedic unit and not my Maristar I probably would be in jail for murder if it was

Back