upgrading asm skimmer options

clutchgeargasgo

Non-member
I currently have an asm G2 i think not sure really but it needs a pump and I have been thinking of upgrading a little soo I have been looking into a bubble magnus curve 5 whats people's thoughts on the curve. Thanks! Also Any other suggestions I'd like to stay around 200$ and I have a 90 gallon with a 29 gallon sump.

I would just get a new pump. The curve 5 is actually pretty small and not very impressive compare to G2

I have an ASM G-3 that I used on an older 90 gal setup, when I did my new build I got caught up in buying the latest with a DC pump its OK but not nearly as effective as my old ASM its difficult to adjust, extremely sensitive to water height, and doesn't skim nearly as much. That's the price of progress I guess.

Jim

So if I do buy a pump just go with the sedra 5k or do you suggest any diffrent pumps to put on the asm? Its either a G2 or G3 im not sure and dont know the diffrences.

I have am asm g3 I've used since 2008. I just had to get a new pump. I bought another sedra. Why? Because the 1st one lasted 8 years running 24/7...

Back