Upgrading/new lighting for new tank

iammitch3479

Non-member
I currently have a 10 gallon with a 24" 4x T5HO and they are working fine in my 10 and I think they would work fine in the 55 also, but I really like LED's (who doesn't like that shimmery look) and I am upgrading to a custom acrylic 55 gallon tank that is actually two sections with tubes connecting them in the middle. Each section is 22"W x 24"H. What light would support coral but not kill my wallet (trying to be under 150~200 since I have to buy 2, one for each section).

Here's a picture of the tank:

http://imgur.com/uHe1WFH

We had this conversation today but I can't really seem to think of any worth their money except for AI's or Radions.
I would looks up so,e Chinese LED system you might see one with bang for less bucks!! Unfortunately I want to have AI Nano . I want it even more after you letting me use your mini led with my mini led and right away I knew the next thing I get is the AI Nano. I will look around as well for you Mitch .

It is doubtful you will find an led fixture that you would be happy with in that price range. Have you considered trying a couple 150 metal halide lights? They will give the shimmer you are looking for. And you could likely find a couple used fixtures in the 200 range.

I have not seen even older led fixtures for less than 250-300. Decent ones anyway. The Chinese lights might be an option I would only worry who to call if there was an issue. But that said there must be a company out there that has a good rep.

Finally if you are handy you could consider building it. I've not done it personally but it seems doable for a reasonably price point.

Check out reef radiance. I bought my lights from them and I'm very happy with them. It was 160 a piece for them. They're 120 watt fixtures that are dimmable and have 55 bridgelux LEDs. They're also full spectrum. Reef radiance is an American company, though I think they're China made lights, and as far as I know they have good customer service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back