WTB UV sterilizer for 20 gallon

LaxFrags

I have a Dino outbreak! Been researching a a UV sterilizer seems like a good option while raising my phosphates (were at 0, nitrates were at 10ppm). Been dozing 2ml hydrogen peroxide daily for the past 4 days but that hasn’t done anything. Should I also do a blackout? Any help would be greatly appreciated I’ve never had this stuff before. Thanks

I bought a cheapo one off amazon for my tank....cost my like $12....did the trick......Also raise nitrates a bit my man. And phosphates. Ghost feed the tank. It' didnt happen over night, it wont fix over night. Also look into prodibio Bio Digest. This is a bacteria in vials that should help coarse correct and maintain balance. This is by far the best stuff I have used, even better than Vibrants and mb7y. Got a dirty filter sock? Try hanging that in your other sump....make it hella dirty bruv :D:D

I bought a cheapo one off amazon for my tank....cost my like $12....did the trick......Also raise nitrates a bit my man. And phosphates. Ghost feed the tank. It' didnt happen over night, it wont fix over night. Also look into prodibio Bio Digest. This is a bacteria in vials that should help coarse correct and maintain balance. This is by far the best stuff I have used, even better than Vibrants and mb7y. Got a dirty filter sock? Try hanging that in your other sump....make it hella dirty bruv :D:D
I’ll look into prodibio bio digest… should I put that dirty filter floss into the frag tank sump to help cycling? Was the uv sterilizer a “green killing machine”?

Not sure on brand I used it for a freshwater tank......it was literally like $13 but I used it in a smaller reef I had too :D. It just sits in the sump...on....Dunno how effective it is, but it solved my "green water" issues. And yes I would 100% cycle the tank with old filter floss or media. Or biodigest......it's a bacteria for all that. But you need to get phosphate in there. ALSO do you have any live rock in the sump??? Or bio balls? Or bio brick?

Not sure on brand I used it for a freshwater tank......it was literally like $13 but I used it in a smaller reef I had too :D. It just sits in the sump...on....Dunno how effective it is, but it solved my "green water" issues. And yes I would 100% cycle the tank with old filter floss or media. Or biodigest......it's a bacteria for all that. But you need to get phosphate in there. ALSO do you have any live rock in the sump??? Or bio balls? Or bio brick?
In my 20 gallon ive got bio balls. In the frag tank I've got some liverock and bio balls, I'm worried about introducing dinos to the tank from the filter floss?? is that an issue?

Dinos are generally caused by a lack of nutrients. It's a competition between stuff till algae and cycle is more established. And if you dont wanna add "used" bacteria.....get bio digest as I suggested. It will cycle the tank, and has other beneficial bacterias to establish a healthy bacterial biome

Anybody got a uv sterilizer on here? Maybe I could rent it out or give a frag or something like thatZ

I have been having similar issue, dino and gha. I have tried peroxide durring a water change directly on the gha and let it sit for a few minutes before filling the tank again. It seems to work that way.

My 20 gallon tank is in the 7-8 month old range. I had no detectable phosphates or nitrates. Rodi water. Changed 20% weekly. I had ditched the filter sock and used floss, that I changed daily. And got a pretty good out break.

In about 4 weeks have turned the tank around. I went back to the filter sock and just a quick rinse half way through the week. And 10% water changes every other week. I also started feeding pellets. This last week I did a 4 day black out period and then did a good vacuum. That night I installed the green killing machine I bought it right at petco. And the next morning my watwr was the clearest it has ever been. I picked up an urchin yesterday day. And been moving him around the tank to the last of the areas that need removal. Tank is pretty much spotless.

I have been having similar issue, dino and gha. I have tried peroxide durring a water change directly on the gha and let it sit for a few minutes before filling the tank again. It seems to work that way.

My 20 gallon tank is in the 7-8 month old range. I had no detectable phosphates or nitrates. Rodi water. Changed 20% weekly. I had ditched the filter sock and used floss, that I changed daily. And got a pretty good out break.

In about 4 weeks have turned the tank around. I went back to the filter sock and just a quick rinse half way through the week. And 10% water changes every other week. I also started feeding pellets. This last week I did a 4 day black out period and then did a good vacuum. That night I installed the green killing machine I bought it right at petco. And the next morning my watwr was the clearest it has ever been. I picked up an urchin yesterday day. And been moving him around the tank to the last of the areas that need removal. Tank is pretty much spotless.
I also changed my lighting to a schedule that runs shorter period of time and subtracted reds. Also block the afternoon sun 8n the room, the tank received an hour of direct sunlight a day that I never noticed because I'm never home at that time. Lol

Anybody got a uv sterilizer on here? Maybe I could rent it out or give a frag or something like thatZ
I have one that you can borrow. But I’m nowhere near you. Also you should combine UV with 20um (or smaller) filtration at night to physically remove them from the water column

I have one that you can borrow. But I’m nowhere near you. Also you should combine UV with 20um (or smaller) filtration at night to physically remove them from the water column
if i'm down you're way i'll hit you up! And thanks i'll look into that

Back