very wet behind the ears!

Grandmafish

Non-member
Hello!

I just recieved a sw set up, it is a 55 gallon tank, with no instruction. I have sought out expertise and have found a couple of very knowledgable aquarist. Thank you smartfish for showing me this sight. I am hoping to learn what products are good and which ones to stay away from. Maybe find some good deals. I am open to any advise anyone is willing to give.

I am expecting to set up a community environment. What fish are hardy enough to set up the intial environment? The reefs are beautiful and maybe when I get comfortable I may try a couple.

Thanks in advance!
Grandmafish

Welcome. Do lots of reading and looking around on the net to see what kinds of fish and oe coral you want. Lighting is huge in this hobby if you have corals. And some fish eat corals to look and see what you like and take your time.

Thank you!
This is my impression....research...research....research! I do know that corals, as beautiful as they are, demand much more care. I am taking it slow and careful so that I know that my tank is ready to receive fish. I also want the flexibiliity of adding corals in the future if I choose to do so. This is why I am here. BRS was recommended to me by a friend and by the guy who helped me at the pet store.
Thanks Again,
Dodie

Welcome +1 on the lighting advice. Odds are you will want to add corals at some point so invest in a lighting system with that in mind.

Back