Vibrant

I’ve added snails, added crabs, and changed the flow on my Uv light to fix this. Nothing has worked. I’ve seen on r2r the same things about it with caution. I got a bottle and testing on a tank that only has soft corals to see how it does. I’m being cautious with my main tank.

You might want to read this, this is my issue after a water change I was in the zone and changed the 2 full baskets in my nuvo 40 got a full algae explosion a few days after. It was 6 weeks ago, It’s better now but I have to be careful in doing change that can fluctuate my biological system.

You might want to read this, this is my issue after a water change I was in the zone and changed the 2 full baskets in my nuvo 40 got a full algae explosion a few days after. It was 6 weeks ago, It’s better now but I have to be careful in doing change that can fluctuate my biological system.

I read this and going to try this before the vibrant. It’ll be my last chance. Going to take my time. This is a good read. I didn’t read all the comments but the article itself was good. When I did the turkey baster on the rock where the hair algae is, I could see it lifting and moving. I ripped it off and only did a few rocks so far. Nothing crazy.

I wouldn’t use vibrant for hair algae.

A refugium or algae turf scrubber will clear up hair algae in the display along with manual removal, snails and an urchin.

I used it for bubble algae (along with vacuuming what I could) and it worked great. Followed some of the walk-throughs on R2R. Also, random benefit, I noticed I almost NEVER cleaned my glass. Like once every 10 days, versus every 1-2 normally. I may go back to using it just for that!

I have been using Vibrant on my 112. I have not noticed any broad ill effects personally. Recently I did start to see some issue with some encrusting montis/ chalice.... you can see my recent post #56 here -->

The last picture in there shows the chalice losing some tissue. But I don't know if it is the vibrant that is causing it. Other SPS in the tank seems to show no issues. I dose only half the recommended dosage and I'm planning to keep at it and see is this one recovers. If I see other SPS show issues, I might stop. On my other tanks, I do not use Vibrant. In comparing them I can say for sure that Vibrant does work in keeping the surfaces clean of algae and reduces maintenance significantly.

I used it on cyano, dino and all that clears it all up...its a bacteria...i dont see how bacteria is gonna hurt anything in your tank...especially if you are skimming....which removes dead bacteria. This product, and micro bacter 7 are just waste treatment style bacterias, super agressive, but have 1 job in the tank and thats to eat detritus bacterias and sh**, works pretty well but it isnt a 100% cure for bas husbandry......still gotta keep up with water changes, and equipment cleaning and all that.

I've used Vibrant on my Nuvo 20. Dose about 3/4 recommended dose. Took months, but slowly saw all my GHA and bubble algae die off and stay gone.

I would use a toothbrush on a rock to clean off the algae and it never came back. Zero negative effects. I think most people get negative effects from overdosing. Too much means a rapid drop in nutrients which for SPS, can cause a lot of issues.

If you are careful, go slow...there should be no issues. Also make sure to take into account the volume displaced by rock/sand when determining your dose. Can be quite significant.

I used vibrant with amazing results. I had several acros in my tank with no issues. Everyone has different experiences but I love the stuff. After I used it my new algae scrubber has been growing all the algae in there instead of my display.

Here is my build thread. First dose is on page 8. Only took four days to see a big die off in algae.
https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/407385-lizs-waterbox-703/page/8/#comments

Curious how well it works. Ive always wanted to try it. Looking fprward to seeing if this helps ypu adam

Vibrant is awesome. Just don’t rush it. Dose smaller doses. It will/should work. Used it on some of my customers tanks and it really takes care of the algae. No adverse results in my experiences. Used it over a year... Good luck.

Back