view your cultures etc microscopes$ 10.00

php1775

BRS Member
i have been in dozens of stores looking for an inexpensive microscope to check out my cultures,including the goodwill stores,savers etc for a used one.but all i found used was on craigslist for$ 300.00. to my surprise there were 10 new in the box vivitar 300x/450x/600x microscopes selling for 12.99 each right at the checkout at savers.i had a 30% off coupon so i bought the whole load in case a fellow reefer may also need an inexpensive scope.so i have 8 left for $10 each,sealed from factory. i hope this post is ok in this forum.they have a yellow light bulbin the unit that works fine,but im sure it can be changed to a white bulb if you wanted to.it comes with 8 slides tweezersslide covers and 2 collection vials.good stocking stuffer also

6 left,.these are put together better than a $40 smithsonian that i returned,the micro scope( rocked like a cradle).ive been able to see that 1 of my rotifer cultures is much more populated with life than i thought.this is the only use i have for a microscope so i was looking for something cheap and surprisingly sturdy construction for the $

Last edited:
I would buy one, but I'm just too far away. I imagine shipping would cost more than the item. It was nice of you to do this though. It sounds like a good deal.

it was like finding them at a bldg 19 type store .plus i had a 30% off on the total.so they cost me more than im selling,thinking that more reefers would like to inspect their cultures etc that dont have the $ to buy an expensive one,especially around the holiday.they take 2 AA batteries,and if not satisfied i will return $no problem .if you are near sea creatures i could bring one down to you when i make my next trip down there.

it was like finding them at a bldg 19 type store .plus i had a 30% off on the total.so they cost me more than im selling,thinking that more reefers would like to inspect their cultures etc that dont have the $ to buy an expensive one,especially around the holiday.they take 2 AA batteries,and if not satisfied i will return $no problem .if you are near sea creatures i could bring one down to you when i make my next trip down there.

When do you think you are going to Sea Creatures? I'm in no hurry. In fact, I doubt I will go there until after the holidays.

sorry everyone,but im not happy with these scopes,so i could never sell them.the first one showed my rotifers nicely so i went back and took the rest,but i can also see them with my reading glasses and a magnifying glass,they are 3 or so months old and very visible before i add the pyto feast.sorry to get your hopes up but i had all the right intentions.

Back