WARNING - Seneye users !

cobraz

Zoa Pirate
All,

I rushed out and bought a Seneye (to use for PAR readings ) as it was a cheap but effective way to get values for my tank.
There was a sale from a vendor on here and it was a great price.
I upgraded the home to add the PAR software and all was great - until:

I installed the card - to get the unit to work and the LED was blinking red - although it was working and the card was registered.
I email Seneye and they said it was a bug they knew about and had me try a few things keep blinking... so they said they had a new beta software that fixed this and some other issues. I said ok I would like to install it..... (I know it's beta).

(WARNING) - Go to install following their instructions to a tee...I was a Process writer for several companies - so very familiar with instructions... not that it was difficult to follow.

Now - the unit does not work at all - no lights - no readings DEAD..
I send email after email ( My units not even a week old)... and they say oops and can we see screen shots of your laptop.... my laptop has nothing to do with the software update killing the unit dead.
This has been so frustrating and now they want to use Teamviewer to get in my personal system to look around - are they crazy.... not happening.

I have asked for an immediate replacement - as it is totally useless and I am out over $ 150.00 in less than a week.

Thank you for reading,
Jerry

Had similar issue installing the BETA upgrade wiping out two units. After some prodding, I was able to get them to replace the two dead units. Have them both installed with the new beta software and are working great now.

Had similar issue installing the BETA upgrade wiping out two units. After some prodding, I was able to get them to replace the two dead units. Have them both installed with the new beta software and are working great now.
Interesting when did this happen to you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Teamviewer / Webex, logmein123 etc are used pretty frequently by support organizations to help customers with issues like this. I've done it with pacific sun support in the past (and I use these tools all the time in my profession as an IT security professional). If they're offering to help I wouldn't really be concerned about giving them access, as you are in control of allowing them to 'look around', you can also just allow them to view your screen not actually have control. Thats just the way these tools work. Totally up to you of course but I figured I'd put it out there.

Thanks,
STeve

Teamviewer / Webex, logmein123 etc are used pretty frequently by support organizations to help customers with issues like this. I've done it with pacific sun support in the past (and I use these tools all the time in my profession as an IT security professional). If they're offering to help I wouldn't really be concerned about giving them access, as you are in control of allowing them to 'look around', you can also just allow them to view your screen not actually have control. Thats just the way these tools work. Totally up to you of course but I figured I'd put it out there.

Thanks,
STeve
I have used TeamViewer and Bomgar in my jobs.. my position is it's dead no power on unit.. I plugged it in a second laptop.. it's dead...no lights at all...but thank you.

Well I had some help from "Rick" at Reef radiance...thank you Rick. They finally after 2 weeks are sending a replacement.

Although they put the risk as "you knew it was a beta patch".

Hello if I knew it was going to turn it into a brick.. I would have not installed it...their the ones that said it would fix the issue of a faulty signal. Anyway...we will see if once I get it if it works and the Par meter is working on the new one. Stay away from the beta update !

Back