Water storage

pugz508

BRS Member
Found what might be a decent option for water storage and wanted others opinions. Toter sells a 32g trash barrel made of Polyethylene. Its very rugged with built in wheels. Being made out of Polyethylene it is reef safe but my concern is it is colored green a maybe painted. Any thoughts? On this or other water storage ideas without breaking the bank

Attachments

• 20220630_151231.jpg
    20220630_151231.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 129
Problem with this is when you tip it back to roll it, the water sloshes out of it. The brute cans with the wheel cart are much smoother and less troublesome.

I don’t know much about those bins (brute user here) but I was curious. Googled and found this

Looking at the specs the load is 112lbs for the 32gallon. That is approximately 14 gallons of water. I hope this helps.

Problem with this is when you tip it back to roll it, the water sloshes out of it. The brute cans with the wheel cart are much smoother and less troublesome.
Yeah my main concern is just leaching into the water

I recently bought one of these 58 gallon barrels from someone locally to set up automatic water changes. This is the second one I bought, the first I bought a few years ago and have been using it for RODI water storage. They were previously used to ship olives, so have a little brine smell when you first buy them, but once you give them a good rinse you have a big food grade container for $40.

I recently bought one of these 58 gallon barrels from someone locally to set up automatic water changes. This is the second one I bought, the first I bought a few years ago and have been using it for RODI water storage. They were previously used to ship olives, so have a little brine smell when you first buy them, but once you give them a good rinse you have a big food grade container for $40.
I use these as well, here is a pic:
IMG-1530.jpg

I use the same for my water station

Back