What are Golden Pearls?

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
A friend asked me to post this question, I have heard the term "Golden Pearls" but I can't recall what they are.

Jim

I had no clue so I googled it...

Golden Pearl is a revolutionary new larval diet that has successfully replaced live Artemia nauplii in marine fish hatcheries in Europe. A patented processing technique (agglomeration of micro-encapsulated particles) resulting in feed particles or "clusters" that resemble raspberries (under the microscope). Golden Pearls have tiny air pockets that keep the feed particles in the water column, not on the bottom of the tank. Golden Pearls mimic live brine shrimp nauplii.

Ingredients: Fish protein, whey, yeast and yeast extracts, marine fish oil, phospholipids, astaxanthin, vitamin and mineral premixes, anti-oxidants.

Analysis: Protein - 60%, Lipids - 18%, Ash - 15%, Moisture - 8%, Vit C - 1000 ppm, Vit E - 400 ppm, Astaxanthin - 500 ppm.

They are very popular in the FW kingdom for small fish like tetras and guppies.

Golden was the flagship product from Brine Shrimp Direct Very popular a few years back, but seems to be out of vouge now. (maybe something to do with cyclopeze?)
Looks like they have expanded their product line quite a bit.

Back