What does Bump mean

jrock413

Non-member
Ive seen it a few times on here and can't figure out what it means. I figured pm or pmed is a message jw call me stuiped i don't care

call me stuiped i don't care

You can't sound defensive on the Internet, you'll never win. If your equally or more cocky than the person making fun of you, then you win the Internet and the offender is turned into an majano....

Wait....that's how it works right?

TTT = to the top
Up up up = to the top
^ = to the top

Etc...

I've also heard bump being short for bringing up my post. That way, your thread will be right at the top when you click the "what's new?" button.

b= bring
u= up
m= my
p= post

Speaking of winning the Internet, I think you just did. I just thought it meant bumping it to the top, and I think I'd be correct saying a lot of others thought so too. Little did I know it was actually an acronym...

Speaking of winning the Internet, I think you just did. I just thought it meant bumping it to the top, and I think I'd be correct saying a lot of others thought so too. Little did I know it was actually an acronym...

+1

I'm a majano now

It actually goes further than that. About three/four years back you needed to also type a minimum of four characters to create a post. Hence at some point someone came up with the term "bump" and defined what each letter meant. That is no longer needed today, but the term "bump" stuck.

Bump means you have nothing more useful to say but you feel your previous post warrants attention "now". Depending on the forum it may or may not be frowned upon. It is often used in forsale forums but many have rules about how often you can bump a thread.

Been around a bit longer than 4 yrs

I only know that about 4yrs ago due to the forum software that was in place at that time. You were required to type at least four charaters to post something, so I believe there is more to how the word "bump" came about.

I distinctly remember seeing the error kick back of you just went and type something like an "X" or a "C" to move the thread to the top.

The term itself may have been around for more than four years. I am only stating what I have witnessed over the past four years.

So I guess I will "bump" this as I have nothing more useful to say. Just being funny.

Bump in here especially in the for sale forum means they want to make their thread to go back on to top of the list so everyone can see them and to beg people to buy their unwanted stuffs

It is used to bring the sale thread to people attention
People use it to bump their post to the top of the discussion list. Sometimes it is silly to see people keep bumping their post because they could not sell their items and not willing to reduce the price even after a long period of time (months) :)

I only know that about 4yrs ago due to the forum software that was in place at that time. You were required to type at least four charaters to post something, so I believe there is more to how the word "bump" came about.

I distinctly remember seeing the error kick back of you just went and type something like an "X" or a "C" to move the thread to the top.

The term itself may have been around for more than four years. I am only stating what I have witnessed over the past four years.

So I guess I will "bump" this as I have nothing more useful to say. Just being funny.

Look what I just got. I would bet it is a combination of needing four characters to post and the word bump made sense... bump to the top.
Funny when I tried this a few months back the error did not appear and now it is back?
View attachment 78018

Back