what halide bulb ( NOT RADIUM ) single ended ???

reefstarter

Non-member
so I want to get a new bulb for my frag tank . currently using a pheonix 14 K and its on its last legs . I will be getting 3 new radiums for my display . but the other ballast won't drive a radium . any suggestions ? I don't like 10 K

For a straight MH bulb no supplement the Hamilton 14k is good choice. Enough to make corals grow but blue enough to pop some color.

But post to see is anyone has current deal/sale code for them as they email them out to you when your bulb should be expiring

I always liked the phoenix although I remember thinking it was pretty blue compared to the 10k ushio I was used to.

Ushio does make a SE 14K lamp, but most would say it looks more like a 10K than a 14k. I have not seen a ushio 10k next to a ushio 14K so I don't know how similar or not they actually are.

You can only get it in double ended now.

Oh really? Damn! Didn't notice that. I was thinking of doing that in my new set up since it'll be 250W SE. Now that there's no more pheonix SE, I will have to run Radium and crank the ballast to 300W.
Pheonix has done this in the past with the DE. Stopping production on their bulbs then restarted it again due to high demand. Maybe they will do the same here.

Just looked, I was wrong I'm running 2 Phoenix 14k de 250w not Hamilton. They're a nice blueish color

Hmmm I do have another fixture laying around that is DE and you can get the pheonix in that way . just have to re-wire the ballast from that fixture to the ballast I have for the reflector since the other one pops the GFI all the time lol

yes i was told by john at sea creatures that the phoenix DE bulb is back in production. thats the way i'd go if i went back to MH

Back