what is in Joe's juice

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
After trying to kill a rock anemoe several times, it always comes back bigger and stronger. I tried Kalk paste already and no luck. What is in Joe's juice? Is it really works? Thanks

From what I understand, it's pretty much kalk paste.

Are you using it in accordance w/ the directions?

I think Joe was trying to say. Mix up kalk paste into something resembling toothpaste or thicker consistency. Draw it into a syringe (the bigger the needle the easier that will be, I think you can do this without the needle, but i have them, and it seems like surgery ;) )
Stick the syringe into the offending coral and dose until it's filled and covered with kalk.

M.

Seems like anytime I use Joe?s juice im most successful when I cover the entire area with it and have the pumps off. So I will feed the majano or whatever with it and then coat the surrounding area about the side of a quarter with it. Seems to do the trick.

maurod said:
I think Joe was trying to say. Mix up kalk paste into something resembling toothpaste or thicker consistency. Draw it into a syringe (the bigger the needle the easier that will be, I think you can do this without the needle, but i have them, and it seems like surgery ;) )
Stick the syringe into the offending coral and dose until it's filled and covered with kalk.

M.
thanks you got it but i use cal. not kalk and injecked it in grate for killing clove too!

here's a trick i found that works pretty well.
You turn your pumps off kalk or joes juice the little bugger,it will retract into the rock,you then take a piece off reef putty and cover over the top of it sealing in the kalk.Leave it on for a week or so,they never come back from that one.

What I have had the most success with is:

I put some frozen mysis shrimp and krill into a small cup with RO water. After the food has thawed, I strain the water into a cup and that is what I use to make the kalk paste in. When I put the needle near the anemone I start to squeeze a little out and the anemone wraps itself around the needle thinking it is about to get a treat(tastes the shrimp). Then I let it have it!

Hope this helps.

Skinpuppi said:

I put some frozen mysis shrimp and krill into a small cup with RO water. After the food has thawed, I strain the water into a cup and that is what I use to make the kalk paste in. When I put the needle near the anemone I start to squeeze a little out and the anemone wraps itself around the needle thinking it is about to get a treat(tastes the shrimp). Then I let it have it!

Hope this helps.

That is so hideously evil!
I love it!

You think that's bad?

maurod said:
That is so hideously evil!
I love it!
When I had Aiptasia in my tank (I don't anymore), I would take some RO/DI water and add kalkwasser to it. I would then bring that solution to a boil in a small pot on the stove. Mind you, kalkwasser is actually less soluble at higher temperatures, but the idea here is to get a boiling solution of something caustic. When the solution came to a boil, I would quickly take as much as I could into a 1mL syringe, and then using a small guage needle, inject the anemone. The anemone would quickly deflate, having been burned by both the temperature and the caustic anture of a kalkwasser saturated solution. Finally, I would take some coral mounting putty, and cap over where the anemone had been. I will say that I never had any survivors using this approach,

Matt:cool:

I like the putty idea I'm about to go give it a try. I don't have a bad infestation but I have a few BIG ones that just will not die.

I feel like such a hypocrite

ian20 said:
I like the putty idea I'm about to go give it a try. I don't have a bad infestation but I have a few BIG ones that just will not die.
Let me have a go at them;)

Here I am chastising Chuck for proponing ruthlessness in another thread, and yet I employ what I believe to be the most evil, ruthless, and draconion Aiptasia removal method.

They sure won't slip silently into a peaceful sleep when you inject them with caustic kalkwasser paste at 200F and them seal their remains in a lightless tomb.

Matt:cool:

Skinpuppi said:

Hope this helps.

Waoooo, this trick works so well now I am looking for pest anemone to kill but none avalible.

Those pest anemony won't let go the needle and glup down Kalk paste. I could see the body of the anemoe was filled with Kalk. Then, it shrivered and melt away.

Back