What is your overflow choice?

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
I was thinking of going with a internal center overflow on a new tank. The tank will be 60inches long. I don't like the look of 2 corner overflow. Also I was never very successful with controlling the noisy gurgling of my 90 with a corner overflow.

In my searches I found external overflows. It seams like there more/better options for drainage with externals.

Can anyone comment on an external overflow system??

Thanks for responding

Not sure really. I had a Synergy Reef V3 on a 40 breeder and the new tank will be going with bean animal external, just trying to justify if I want to spend a few thousand more and order a more custom sized tank or go with the IM 200.

Not sure really. I had a Synergy Reef V3 on a 40 breeder and the new tank will be going with bean animal external, just trying to justify if I want to spend a few thousand more and order a more custom sized tank or go with the IM 200.
The bean animal is what made me find the external. Really what to kill all noises that the systems creates.

For me, external with bean animal or 3 drains configuration is the way to go.
I don’t like the internal because it takes away space in the tank and it’s a PITA to service.

It's a major PITA. It's almost as bad as cleaning filter socks. YUK!
For me, external with bean animal or 3 drains configuration is the way to go.
I don’t like the internal because it takes away space in the tank and it’s a PITA to service.

Back