what kind of snail cast a sort of Net ?

reefstarter

Non-member
I have seen one before and I have one in my tank now it seems . I don't think they are harmful . but I want to know the name of it . And if there is some bad thing about them please let me know . Thanks

i had something like that before and the next day i had a party in my tank the snails were spawning stomenelas every where now maybe u have some about to spawn

its not out right now , but I watched it draw the net in . kind of looks like when a green slimer is pissed . but I actually saw it draw it in hard to get a pic cause its very small . but the "net" is about 4-5 inches long

well looks like another battle shall begin . though they aren't predetory , thier nets tend to cause issues with Corals as Chrissy stated . Now anyone ever see coral crabs around ? lol

Vermitid sounds right. I wasn't sure if you were talking about a cone snail or not

still doing some reading here and seems like Melenarus wrasse will eat them . lucky me I have one lol, but not in that tank where I saw the critter . but I have seen other spots where it could be them . just never seen the net before

Back