What to do?

Drichards

BRS Member
Keep losing mainly torches in all my systems. ICP test says my water is 95% good. I've had these systems going for years and are stable by standard parameters. What do I do? Let it run its course? I've done in tank KFC treatments. Out of tank dips for pests, and bacterial infection. I'm at a loss? I ran out of ideas and exhausted all my research and resources to figure this out. I'm starting to think it's the salt TMP. Says made in Germany and I'm also getting the ICP test from Germany. It may be my paranoia but thinking they work together maybe a possibility. Because I completely ran out of ideas on what is going on. Wifey cleaned the house with Lysol but that was months ago. It's unlikely to me at this stage that it would still be affecting my tanks. It honestly makes me lose the passion. It's one thing to lose something once in awhile but to spend $500 on a torch and then half of it bails 2 weeks later is pretty heartbreaking. Got a ton more Coral gift cards for Christmas to some of the main torch vendors that we all know of outside of mass. Then I thought is it a Malaysian torch thing going on? Like how ausie torches used to die all the time? This is not only a financial burden but a very emotional one for me. I put my heart and soul into caring for these animals. Creating underwater art that brings me peace and joy. Losing all this stuff is just chipping away at my passion

Side note: I'm asking here because one of the vendors I've spent thousands with when I reached out for a resolution wanted me to subscribe to his YouTube channel for $5 a month. Quote "it's like buying me a cup of coffee" this really irritated me. I spend tons of bread with you and you want me to buy you a cup of coffee? To answer questions about the health of animals you sold me? I think I should be getting a cup of coffee... the price of doing business has changed.

Rant over

Keep losing mainly torches in all my systems. ICP test says my water is 95% good. I've had these systems going for years and are stable by standard parameters. What do I do? Let it run its course? I've done in tank KFC treatments. Out of tank dips for pests, and bacterial infection. I'm at a loss? I ran out of ideas and exhausted all my research and resources to figure this out. I'm starting to think it's the salt TMP. Says made in Germany and I'm also getting the ICP test from Germany. It may be my paranoia but thinking they work together maybe a possibility. Because I completely ran out of ideas on what is going on. Wifey cleaned the house with Lysol but that was months ago. It's unlikely to me at this stage that it would still be affecting my tanks. It honestly makes me lose the passion. It's one thing to lose something once in awhile but to spend $500 on a torch and then half of it bails 2 weeks later is pretty heartbreaking. Got a ton more Coral gift cards for Christmas to some of the main torch vendors that we all know of outside of mass. Then I thought is it a Malaysian torch thing going on? Like how ausie torches used to die all the time? This is not only a financial burden but a very emotional one for me. I put my heart and soul into caring for these animals. Creating underwater art that brings me peace and joy. Losing all this stuff is just chipping away at my passion
I hear ya Dan, maybe an upgrade or a reboot. I became pretty burnt out (reasons not to be mentioned) but figured I'd get the fire stoked again with a new build, that usually does it for me. I've lost more coral in this upgrade process than I care to share mainly due to fluctuations of temperature. Stock tank in garage, even with R19 and 1" foam board covering at night. The ambient air temps have been brutal to say the least. Pieces that I've had for a few years gave poof, gone up in smoke. It really is disheartening to watch. I'm probably 2 weeks away from getting the new system wet and starting to bring corals back into the house.

Sorry to hear about your loss when i hv lost all my sps recently myself. Its indeed heartbreaking to see the beautiful animals dying one by one. Financial aspect is one thing, the emotional attachment is the other when you watch them grow and thrive then dying in front of your eyes.

Back